[reportlab-users] Re: print "page <Page> of <PageCount> pages"

Henning von Bargen reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 16:42:41 +0100

AFAIK there are several ways to achieve this.
I have written my own DocTemplate class where this works very well (but it
requires two build() passes).
I haven't got the source code here, but could send it to you next week if
you like.

An example of how to do this correctly (or better:
a document with a page header containing the current chapter title and "page
n of m")
would be a very helpful part of the documentation.

By the way, I think this could be very simple if only one could use platypus
objects for page headers and footers.

Henning