[reportlab-users] Re: How to have multiple adjacent spaces in a platypus paragraph ?

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Sat Dec 18 13:44:58 EST 2004

Jean-Francois gosset wrote:
>>The Platypus paragraph parser understands basic HTML.  You should be
>>able to use   for a significant space, I think.
>>

> No   seems just discarded in the output.

Logically,   should be a hard space, but a mistake was made a long
time ago and I hesitate to change it now. Traditionally paragraph
formatters assume they can break lines where they will and are allowed
to mess with space.

Do you want line breaking and multiple spaces? The XPreFormatted class
is similar to Paragraph, but does no line breaking.