[reportlab-users] Community upload FTP withdrawn

Fri, 30 Apr 2004 15:42:37 +0100

Apparently someone connected with quite large wmv files has been abusing our
hospitality and using the community area as a depot. In these troubled times we
cannot take chances and have therefore decided to remove the community FTP
account. I have left what I consider to be valid files by Henning v. Bargen in
place, but the offending material is gone. Who are the TamilRoses anyhow?

If, in future, we're going to allow people more direct access to the source tree
via SVN anyhow, it makes sense to hand out passwords etc and have people take
reponsibility for their handiwork.