[reportlab-users] how to use font Verdana?

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 14:13:46 +0100

> I try to create some PDF reports on my Linux server using the Verdana
> font. Obviously that font is not included in the Linux distribution. But
> it is available on my Windows machine.
>
> How can I use that font in my PDFs?

Copy verdana.ttf from Windows fonts directory to the
directory reportlab/fonts on the Linux server (oredit
reportlab/rl_config.py to includea directory where you
put it)...

You should of course only do this if you have the proper written
permission from Microsoft's legal and licensing people
etc. etc.  I expect there is a standard Open Source Verdana
substtute somewhere..

- Andy