[reportlab-users] Re: pdf's corrupted when emailed, possible solution included

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:21:13 +0100

> i have the same problem. we generate our pdf on the server with
> reportlab and send it *immediatly* to the customer. but there are always
> some customers who complains that the pdf is corrupted!

The only idea I can suggest here is to generate a zip
file with a PDF inside it - Python can do this easily.

I've been emailing MIME attachments with PDFs from Outlook
for years and never heard of a problem.  If people can
prove certain mail transfer packages corrupt PDFs, it
would be good to know that...

- Andy