[reportlab-users] Reportlab News

Dinu Gherman reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 15:55:55 +0200

Andy Robinson:

> You are right, it has disappeared.  There was only one
> extension anyway, which can still be found in the FTP area
> under www.reportlab.org/ftp/extensions

There was at least one more mentioned, svglib.

> reportlab.org is a new site on a new server, with everything
> built from CVS according to a rational scheme, and
> incidentally all in XHTML so we can validate it and
> check for broken links easily.   There was no intent
> to provide a migration path.  I have never heard of a company
> launching a new site which bothered to try to figure out
> the best redirect for each old URL that existed, and
> I certainly would not add a man-month or more of resources
> to this.  It just is not important enough.  sorry.

It's good to hear that RL is big enough to ignore the effects
of people getting ugly "Not found" messages when surfing to RL
from a whole range of sites. ;-)

http://www.google.com/search?as_epq=reportlab.com%2Ftoolkit

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress." (Gandhi)