[reportlab-users] Widget Libraries, anywhere??

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 14:17:09 +0100

> Anyway, those are my thoughts.  I have more to say about MySource, mainly
> because I know more about it.  Others are free to express their theirs.

Thanks.  We're going to talk about this in the office tomorrow.
(the guys have a big deadline until 15:00 today

Our constraint #1 is that we have a dedicated server from
Pair Networks without a root account, and we don't want
to share the accunt password with lots of maintainers.
So installing anything which needs a long running process
needs their approval. In general we are very happy with our web
hosts.

We'll be thinking through if we can use our own 'core technology'
i.e. CVS and a templating system - to let people contribute site
content under certain marked areas as well as code.  It
should be easy to make a 'dot-org' project parallel to
reportlab's code, and I am told it is possible to have different
access controls, so anyone who wished to contribute could quickly
be given write access to a subdirectory of this, and click a
link to pull content from what they had checked in onto
the server.  I am sure there are a dozen other schemes
too...

- Andy