[reportlab-users] Re: Widget Libraries, anywhere??

Marc Stober reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:05:22 -0400

I second the idea of a site for community contributions. It would be nice to
have a place to share improvements, widgets, flowables, etc. without having
figure the SourceForge CVS system or burdening the staff to fit it into the
regular distribution. I would picture it as a public FTP site (with a Web
interface) with different folders for widgets, flowables, and other things,
where you could register and then post files. I imagine anything posted
would have to be with the same license as ReportLab. The reportlab staff
could edit the collection and merge it with the regular distribution if they
saw fit, but would not be burdened with approving every idea.

It could also be a big help to have an FAQ on how to contribute and what was
expected in terms of testing and documentation.

As far as widgets go, though, mostly I've used the standard ones or made
minimal subclasses to change some default styles. I did make a pie chart
whose labels are paragraphs (i.e., they wrap) which might interest others.

- Marc