[reportlab-users] Pantone/HKS in RLTK ?

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:02:49 +0000

In article <3FAFB8AB.2010800@arche.de>, Michael Geddert
<geddert@arche.de> writes
>Hi,
>
>Is it possible to set Fonts on a given Canvas-Object using
>Pantone/HKS-Color-Schemes ?
>
>I was pointed to "spotcolors" (ok, I found 'spotname' lib/colors.py),
>but it seems I'm unable to figure this out on my own. :(
>
>Thx & Regards,
>
>Michael
....Spotnames are currently only of use in some contexts particularly
postscript. We have a separating eps renderer that allows printers to
split up into different inks correctly. It is possible to do separations
in PDF with separation dictionaries and pages represented N times (once
for each ink), but we don't currently have any way to do that.

However, a first step along that road would be to know the individual
colours up front.

We currently have only RGB & CMYK colour spaces. There are many Pantone
colours and each has its own approximant in CMYK or RGB.