[reportlab-users] Printing PDF's

Dave Rogers reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 07 Nov 2003 01:08:03 -0500

--------------030803030202060008020209

Tim,

Tim Roberts wrote:

>On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 12:55:29 +0000, "Felix McAllister"
><felix_mcallister@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I don't know if this is of any help, but we've had similar problems printing
>>using Ghostscript. However, we resolved most of these by making sure that
>>Ghostscript is printing to a postscript printer and not a PCL printer.
>>(We're using HP LJ 4100). i.e. using the PostScript printer driver for the
>>HP4100 worked.
>>

>Here's one thing to check.
>
>GhostScript comes from Europe, and defaults to A4 paper.  If you're in the
>United States, you are almost certainly using 8.5" x 11" paper, which is
>shorter and fatter than A4.  Printing a page formatted for A4 onto 8.5x11
>paper will result in truncated footers.

You had me excited for a minute but as I was going through my
GhostScript 7.04 docs, I found this:

Ghostscript is distributed configured to use U.S. letter paper as its
default page size. There are two ways to select other paper sizes from
the command line: ...

I may try to tell it to use letter anyway, but it doesn't look good.

>--
>- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
>  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Dave Rogers
DaveRogers@StockAlerts.com
http://StockAlerts.com

--------------030803030202060008020209

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Tim,<br>
Tim Roberts wrote:<br>
 cite="mid200311061728.hA6HS1H14266@probo.probo.com">
  <pre wrap="">On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 12:55:29 +0000, "Felix McAllister"
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:felix_mcallister@hotmail.com">&lt;felix_mcallister@hotmail.com&gt;</a> wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I don't know if this is of any help, but we've had similar problems printing
using Ghostscript. However, we resolved most of these by making sure that
Ghostscript is printing to a postscript printer and not a PCL printer.
(We're using HP LJ 4100). i.e. using the PostScript printer driver for the
HP4100 worked.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Here's one thing to check.

GhostScript comes from Europe, and defaults to A4 paper.  If you're in the
United States, you are almost certainly using 8.5" x 11" paper, which is
shorter and fatter than A4.  Printing a page formatted for A4 onto 8.5x11
paper will result in truncated footers.</pre>
You had me excited for a minute but as I was going through my GhostScript
7.04 docs, I found this:<br>
 Ghostscript is distributed configured to use U.S. letter paper as its default
page size. There are two ways to select other paper sizes from the command
line: ...<br>
I may try to tell it to use letter anyway, but it doesn't look good.<br>
 cite="mid200311061728.hA6HS1H14266@probo.probo.com">
  <pre wrap="">
--
- Tim Roberts, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:timr@probo.com">timr@probo.com</a>