[reportlab-users] Printing PDF's

Tim Roberts reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 06 Nov 2003 09:28:01 -0800

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 12:55:29 +0000, "Felix McAllister"
<felix_mcallister@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I don't know if this is of any help, but we've had similar problems printing
>using Ghostscript. However, we resolved most of these by making sure that
>Ghostscript is printing to a postscript printer and not a PCL printer.
>(We're using HP LJ 4100). i.e. using the PostScript printer driver for the
>HP4100 worked.

Here's one thing to check.

GhostScript comes from Europe, and defaults to A4 paper.  If you're in the
United States, you are almost certainly using 8.5" x 11" paper, which is
shorter and fatter than A4.  Printing a page formatted for A4 onto 8.5x11
paper will result in truncated footers.
--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.