[reportlab-users] fonts.py & RegisterFonts

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 30 May 2003 07:05:15 -0000 (GMT)

Ian Sparks said:
> As Marc Stober identified in a recent post you can't register some fonts
> with registerFont() because fonts.py identifies a whole set of
> font-names that are supposedly "registered" which in fact are not part
> of the standard PDF set.
>
> At the end of this message is the guilty dictionary in fonts.py which is
> the reason Marc can't register his 'verdana' font and I can't register
> an 'Arial' font. For now I'm working round it by registering my font as
> 'XArial' (yuk).
>
> Still, there must be a reason for this stuff in here...
Wow, I didn't know that had crept in and am not happy about
it.  The 'standard 14' postscript fonts are there for
a reason, but we should never have coded reference to
truetype fonts.

Will anything break for anyone if it is just removed?
This stuff should really be part of some per-user
font mapping file.

- Andy