[reportlab-users] TrueType fonts in Paragraphs

Wed, 28 May 2003 12:47:17 +0100

In article <71674BEFF0E2D41196F500600811AA6B10259A@TUP-BO1-EXC>, Henning
von Bargen <H.vonBargen@triestram-partner.de> writes
>The Paragraph class can handle HTML font tags like <font face="Helvetica">.
>
>However, it is not able to handle
>(a) multiple values for the face attribute, like <font
>face="Helvetica;sans-serif">
>       It seems to take the whole string as one font name instead of
>       trying Helvetica first, then sans-serif.
>(b) TrueType fonts like <font face="Arial">.
>       I know reportlab can handle TrueType fonts somehow.
>       Is there anything special to do to TTFs work in the font tag?
>
>BTW Tag handling seems to work only for lowercase tags like <font>, but not
><FONT>?
>Would it be possible to make it work in either all uppercase or all
>lowercase
>or would this break existing code?
>
>Henning
at present we don't handle alternates like this. I suppose it would be
technically feasible to make some assumptions about this, but what would
the point be? We need the exact filenames at present. For the standard
fonts we have some aliases, but not for all.