[reportlab-users] precalculate size of textobjects, vector patterns?

Michael Schulz reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:46:45 +0100

Dear List,
i am pretty new to reportlab, forgive stupid questions:

I want to generate a pdf with graphics (mostly rect's) and text, that is
annotating the graphics. Since the size of the graphics may not be
sufficient to yield enough space for the text labels, these will be
placed one under the other but with lines connecting them to the
graphics they belong to.

So, the question: is there a way to precalculate size parameters of
textobjects and return these values to my application? This calculation
should take into account the current text rendering settings. In the
docs i haven't found yet such methods.

And one other, rather a feature question: Is it possible with reportlab
to fill rectangles with vector patterns (e.g. .eps)?

TIA, Michael

Michael Schulz                                in medias res
Dipl.-Geologe                              Gesellschaft für
                                Informationstechnologie mbH
                             Sautierstr. 38, 79104 Freiburg
                                     0761 55695-95 (Fax 96)
mschulz@webgis.de                             www.webgis.de