[reportlab-users] making logarithmic plots

Sat, 15 Mar 2003 09:06:07 +0000

In article <002401c2eacd$1d6b9420$a2ec933e@allalswqm99ewu>, pascal
barbedor <pascalbarbedor@free.fr> writes
>the logarithmic plot of data is like the plot of log(data)
>
>or is it morecomplicated than that ?
I think most agree that the axis scaling is logarithmic. I think the ide
is that y=x**k has a slope of k when logs are taken, but that people are
interested in the original variable magnitudes. So for example if I have
log10 values 1 2 3 4 5 the scientist wants to see the linear relation,
but also needs to know that the original values were around 10, 100,
1000 etc. At present we don't have a log axis, but that would be a
useful contribution.