[reportlab-users] pyRXP 0.96

Dinu Gherman reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 19:40:24 +0100

--Apple-Mail-2-554147669

Andy Robinson:

> Good idea but most of us don't like to install all those
> bits and pieces.  We can try to do it on a test server
> somewhere but to be honest not this week, it would take
> a full day to set up.  If I had a day, I'd rather
> spend it rewriting the PythonPoint parser to use it.

So the table is generated manually each time?? Many little nasty
jobs like this can be handled by writing a script or test and exe-
cuting it whenever needed, sometimes scheduled as a cron job.

Let me put it differently: the more difficult it is for others to
reproduce one's own claims, the less will others be willing to be-
lieve them. (This is not about portability but automating.)

> I am aiming for a "1.0" Real Soon Now and we should redo them
> then.  More importantly, we should show the memory allocation
> under different 'parser flags'

I can't help, but cite a signature used by Michael Hudson :-)

   In case you're not a computer person, I should probably point out
   that "Real Soon Now" is a technical term meaning "sometime before
   the heat-death of the universe, maybe".
                                      -- Scott Fahlman <sef@cs.cmu.edu>

Regards,

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."

--Apple-Mail-2-554147669

Andy Robinson:

<excerpt>Good idea but most of us don't like to install all those

bits and pieces.  We can try to do it on a test server

somewhere but to be honest not this week, it would take

a full day to set up.  If I had a day, I'd rather

spend it rewriting the PythonPoint parser to use it.

</excerpt>

So the table is generated manually each time?? Many little nasty

jobs like this can be handled by writing a script or test and exe-

cuting it whenever needed, sometimes scheduled as a cron job.

Let me put it differently: the more difficult it is for others to

reproduce one's own claims, the less will others be willing to be-

lieve them. (This is not about portability but automating.)

<excerpt>I am aiming for a "1.0" Real Soon Now and we should redo them