[reportlab-users] pyRXP 0.96

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:17:36 -0000

> Two more cents: would it be possible to change examples/benchmark.py
> to work in batch mode and generate a table like the one on this page
> without humans having to type into the keyboard?
>
>    http://www.reportlab.com/xml/pyrxp.html

Good idea but most of us don't like to install all those
bits and pieces.  We can try to do it on a test server
somewhere but to be honest not this week, it would take
a full day to set up.  If I had a day, I'd rather
spend it rewriting the PythonPoint parser to use it.

I am aiming for a "1.0" Real Soon Now and we should redo them
then.  More importantly, we should show the memory allocation
under different 'parser flags'

> Dinu
>
> PS: I don't dare to ask anymore about making the package not explode
>      inside the current directory when un-tarring it...

We agreed to do that this morning, it will be done this week if
not already.