[reportlab-users] pyRXP and processing instructions

Wed, 5 Mar 2003 13:45:01 +0000

.
>> Robin, while looking at it next, can you find out the feasibility
>> of exposing namespace support?  I suppose there are a gazillion
>> things one could do, but the one which interests me most is
>> "parse the tree for all tags with namespace prefix x, and leave
>> all others tags as unparsed text..."
>
>But where to stick them? I guess the obvious choice is that 4th
>tuple element for the elements namespace. But for attributes, it
>would mean changing the {'attribute': 'value'} dictionary to
>something wierder (like {('namespace','attribute': 'value')} ?)

I don't follow this exactly, but then I'm not a fan of xml too much
vagueness. We're suggesting namespaces why do we need extra support for
the name of a tag/attribute? Why wouldn't we write the above as

        {'namespace:attribute': 'value'}?

Why would <bingo:mytag> ....</bingo:mytag> map to
        ('bingo:mytag',.........)