[reportlab-users] pyRXP and processing instructions

Stuart Bishop reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 12:37:30 +1100

On Wednesday, March 5, 2003, at 10:17  AM, Andy Robinson wrote:

> Robin, while looking at it next, can you find out the feasibility
> of exposing namespace support?  I suppose there are a gazillion
> things one could do, but the one which interests me most is
> "parse the tree for all tags with namespace prefix x, and leave
> all others tags as unparsed text..."

But where to stick them? I guess the obvious choice is that 4th
tuple element for the elements namespace. But for attributes, it
would mean changing the {'attribute': 'value'} dictionary to
something wierder (like {('namespace','attribute': 'value')} ?)

> I have one question for all pyRXP users.  What's the oldest Python
> version you are using pyRXP with?  Anyone on 1.5.2? Would anyone
> be worried if we made a separate utilities module to go with
> pyRXP which required 2.2 and thus allowed some neat new features?

Currently 2.1.3, 'cause thats what Zope forces me to use on the
production boxes (although I'm thinking seriously of going to 2.2.2
anyway and damn the consequences...)

--
Stuart Bishop <zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au>
http://shangri-la.dropbear.id.au/