[reportlab-users] TeX line breaking in reportlab?

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 11:42:11 +0100

> I just (re-)discovered the tex_wrap.py module by AMK:
>
>   http://oedipus.sourceforge.net/texlib
>
> Would it be possible to use this with ReportLab somehow (e.g. as a
> pluggable line breaking algorithm in Platypus or wherever the line
> breaking is done)?

Probably not right now, but yes - I would like a clean enough
O-O algorithm that lets you plug in different wrapping algorithms.
This is also pretty much essential for, e.g., correct Japanese
line wrapping.

We did test his algorithm and it was very slow.  My gut feeling
is that you might want it for 'final runs', or want to
accelerate in C somehow.

- Andy