[reportlab-users] TeX line breaking in reportlab?

Magnus Lie Hetland reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 03:48:38 +0200

Robin Becker <robin@reportlab.com>:

> In article <20030608202510.GA23158@idi.ntnu.no>, Magnus Lie Hetland
> <magnus@hetland.org> writes
> >I just (re-)discovered the tex_wrap.py module by AMK:
> >
> >  http://oedipus.sourceforge.net/texlib
> >
> >Would it be possible to use this with ReportLab somehow (e.g. as a
> >pluggable line breaking algorithm in Platypus or wherever the line
> >breaking is done)?
> >
> I'm not sure it actually works as advertised.

I suppose you refer to the implementation, and not the algorithm?

I guess my underlying question was: Is it feasible to get the basic
mechanics of TeX line breaking/typesetting into ReportLab? At present,
the "look" of the text (which is, I suppose, mainly a result of line
breaking and kerning) is one of my main reasons for preferring
pdflatex to reportlab for report generating purposes... Even though
reportlab does have certain advantages...

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                "In this house we obey the laws of
http://hetland.org                 thermodynamics!"    Homer Simpson