[reportlab-users] Re: setting title for ?ValueAxis

Berthold Höllmann reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:45:33 +0200

Robin Becker <robin@reportlab.com> writes:

> In article <se65lkdw8q.fsf@pc020549.dhcp.germanlloyd.org>, Berthold
> Höllmann <hoel@gl-group.com> writes
> ....Thanks for that, I'm not sure whether we need this. The axes are
> joined up by the chart so until that happens it's quite hard to know
> what the correct 'natural' location is for axis decoration. Dinu
> originally demanded things like tickUp, tickDown where I wanted
> tickIn/tickOut. When the axis is at the top/middle/bottom these latter
> have differing meanings, but the former are rather absolute and make it
> harder to think of automatic behaviour.
>
> By default I assume an axis at the top would be labelled above (ie
> anchor south) and an axis at the bottom would be labelled below (anchor
> north). In between I assume below is more natural, but it is a style
> issue. Those sorts of behaviours seem quite hard to encapsulate in the
> axis itself.

I think it's very convenient for the most purposes. If don't find an
easy way for axis titeling with the "title" property you still can set
it to "" and tinker your own label. If you are not afraid of polluting
property space a "titleAnchor" property could be added.

Regards
Berthold
--
Dipl.-Ing. Berthold Höllmann   __   Address:
hoel@GL-Group.com           G /  \ L Germanischer Lloyd