[reportlab-users] setting title for ?ValueAxis

Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:11:15 +0100

In article <se65lkdw8q.fsf@pc020549.dhcp.germanlloyd.org>, Berthold
Höllmann <hoel@gl-group.com> writes
....Thanks for that, I'm not sure whether we need this. The axes are
joined up by the chart so until that happens it's quite hard to know
what the correct 'natural' location is for axis decoration. Dinu
originally demanded things like tickUp, tickDown where I wanted
tickIn/tickOut. When the axis is at the top/middle/bottom these latter
have differing meanings, but the former are rather absolute and make it
harder to think of automatic behaviour.

By default I assume an axis at the top would be labelled above (ie
anchor south) and an axis at the bottom would be labelled below (anchor
north). In between I assume below is more natural, but it is a style
issue. Those sorts of behaviours seem quite hard to encapsulate in the
axis itself.