[reportlab-users] Re: Plotting with logarithmic axes

Dinu Gherman reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:50:26 +0200

Berthold H=F6llmann:

> I also have some code which could be added to
> graphics/charts/lineplots.py, defining some classes for
> logplots. Those are "LogLinLinePlot" (plot logaritmic over linear
> axes), "LinLogLinePlot" (plot linear over logaritmic axes), and
> "LogLogLinePlot" (plot logaritmic over logaritmic axes) together with
> some examples.

I'm not sure this is the way to go. Introducing new subclasses for
all sorts of little reasons to modify some basic thing like a plot
sounds evil to me.

Can you think of a mechanism to just replace the (existing) linear
axes with logarithmic ones in a given LlinePlot instance, say, and
call a filter or mapping on the data to display as it should?

This would be much closer to the meaning of components, instead of
an explosion of classes or functions for all variants of some thing.

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"I am a gentlemen: I live by robbing the poor." (George Bernard Shaw)