[reportlab-users] Re: Plotting with logarithmic axes

Berthold Höllmann reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:57:57 +0200

Robin Becker <robin@reportlab.com> writes:

> In article <sen0f46n9g.fsf@pc020549.dhcp.germanlloyd.org>, Berthold
> Höllmann <hoel@gl-group.com> writes
>>hoel@gl-group.com (Berthold Höllmann) writes:
>>
>>> "Andy Robinson" <andy@reportlab.com> writes:

>>> OK, it involved a little more than just the scale function. I'll
>>> attach my first version.
>>
>>I hope this stuff is usefull for somebody else. I worked a little more
>>on the code, deleted surplus stuff and added minor tics for the
>>logarithmic axes. Would they be accepted for linear axes also? If yes,
>>I will try to provide a patch. I'll attach a new version of my
>>logarithmic axes for LinePlot. It comes with some examples.
>>
>>Regards
>>Berthold
> I'll have a look and if it looks all right I will add it to
> graphics/charts/axes.py

I also have some code which could be added to
graphics/charts/lineplots.py, defining some classes for
logplots. Those are "LogLinLinePlot" (plot logaritmic over linear
axes), "LinLogLinePlot" (plot linear over logaritmic axes), and
"LogLogLinePlot" (plot logaritmic over logaritmic axes) together with
some examples.

Regards
Berthold
--
Dipl.-Ing. Berthold Höllmann   __   Address:
hoel@GL-Group.com           G /  \ L Germanischer Lloyd