[reportlab-users] Strange error when running under VirtualPC on a Powerbook

Fri, 25 Jul 2003 18:25:34 +0100

In article <memo.20030725174942.1780E@forestfield.compulink.co.uk>,
David Hughes <dfh@forestfield.co.uk> writes
>I've been checking the behaviour/performance of a Python application on a
>number of different Windows platforms. Everything works OK on all the
>systems, including a Mac G4 Powerbook running Virtual PC (Windows 2000)
>except for one error that doesn't appear on any of other systems:
>
>  File " ...graph.py", line 47, in DrawGraph
>  File "...\reportlab\graphics\renderPM.py", line 521, in drawToFile
>  File "...\reportlab\graphics\renderPM.py", line 507, in drawToPMCanvas
>  File "...\reportlab\graphics\renderPM.py", line 51, in draw
>  File "...\reportlab\graphics\renderPM.py", line 97, in draw
>  File "...\reportlab\graphics\renderPM.py", line 82, in applyState
>  File "...\reportlab\graphics\renderPM.py", line 329, in setFont
>  File "...\reportlab\graphics\renderPM.py", line 233, in _setFont
>reportlab.graphics.renderPM.RenderPMError: Can't setFont(Times-Roman)
>missing the T1 files?
>Originally exceptions.TypeError: makeT1Font() argument 2 must be string,
>not None
>
>As far as I can see, Virtual PC emulates everything down to a pretty low
>level - I've even used PartitionMagic on the virtual hard disk! So, can
>any expert shed some light on what's happening here, please?
>
>David Hughes
>Forestfield Software Ltd
>www.forestfield.co.uk
..... do you have the adobe font files installed somewhere? The
_renderPM extension needs the files somewhere on its T1SearchPath (set
in rl_config.py). We need the .afm and .pfb files on my system these
files live in

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 4.0\Resource\Font