[reportlab-users] Strange error when running under VirtualPC on a Powerbook

David Hughes reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 17:49 +0100 (BST)

I've been checking the behaviour/performance of a Python application on a
number of different Windows platforms. Everything works OK on all the
systems, including a Mac G4 Powerbook running Virtual PC (Windows 2000)
except for one error that doesn't appear on any of other systems:

  File " ...graph.py", line 47, in DrawGraph
  File "...\reportlab\graphics\renderPM.py", line 521, in drawToFile
  File "...\reportlab\graphics\renderPM.py", line 507, in drawToPMCanvas
  File "...\reportlab\graphics\renderPM.py", line 51, in draw
  File "...\reportlab\graphics\renderPM.py", line 97, in draw
  File "...\reportlab\graphics\renderPM.py", line 82, in applyState
  File "...\reportlab\graphics\renderPM.py", line 329, in setFont
  File "...\reportlab\graphics\renderPM.py", line 233, in _setFont
reportlab.graphics.renderPM.RenderPMError: Can't setFont(Times-Roman)
missing the T1 files?
Originally exceptions.TypeError: makeT1Font() argument 2 must be string,
not None

As far as I can see, Virtual PC emulates everything down to a pretty low
level - I've even used PartitionMagic on the virtual hard disk! So, can
any expert shed some light on what's happening here, please?

David Hughes
Forestfield Software Ltd
www.forestfield.co.uk