[reportlab-users] SVG Tools?

Christoph Devenoges reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 00:44:53 +0200

> Are any of you doing SVG work?  What are the right tools to use for creating
> SVGs in a graphical way?  I suspect Adobe Illustrator is probably a good choice
> -- it's always been  good vector tool, albeit expensive.  Jasc WebDraw is also
> supposed to be good.  Are there any good free tools?

you need a good free renderer for unix that does fonts properly,
batch processing with Illustrator is also possible. print demands
different precision to web, though there are a number of font packages
for python springing up.

chris

--

"Music is the arithmetic of sounds, as optics is the geometry of
light." - Claude Debussy