[reportlab-users] including EPS images

Dinu Gherman reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:29:16 +0200

Corrado Gioannini:

> Is it possible to include a vectorial image in a document?

No, but you can try to convert EPS vector files to SVG with some-
thing like http://www.square1.nl/TGC-SITE/ps2vector.htm and use my
somewhat experimental svglib module to convert this to a reportlab
graphics representation: http://python.net/~gherman/#svglib

> If I understood correctly the docs, every image is converted to jpeg.
> I'd like to include a vectorial image (like an EPS) so that when
> viewing the pdf an zooming in the image is clean and is scaled
> properly.

Mind your languages use! What you mean is a vector graphic, "image"
is sort of reserved for bitmap graphics.

Also, as a RL-DevNet member you can use RL PageCatcher to import
stuff previously converted to PDF (like EPS) into RL documents.
Here's one example using a "sexed up" version of PythonPoint:
http://python.net/~gherman/playground/rlzope/presentation.pdf

Buon lavoro,

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"I am a gentlemen: I live by robbing the poor." (George Bernard Shaw)