[reportlab-users] Crashing when table goes over a page

Shayan Raghavjee reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:47:34 +0200

Hi, I've tried searching the archives, but haven't had any luck so my.
My problem is that the Apache script I'm writing becomes non responsive
if the data I try to put into a table goes over a page.

The documentation refers to the canSplit attribute, but there isn't any
further info on it in any of the docs I have.

doc = SimpleDocTemplate("report1.pdf")
Story = [Spacer(1,2*cm)]
style = self.styles["Normal"]
pdfdata.insert(0, datadict[0].keys())
t = Table(pdfdata)
Story.append(t)
doc.build(Story,onFirstPage=self.laterPages,onLaterPages=self.laterPages)

The code works fine if pdfdata has up to 30 rows in it.

Any thoughts would be most welcome, or any info on tables.

Thanks,
Shayan Raghavjee
St. James Software