[reportlab-users] Printing Help

Jerome Alet reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 23:38:30 +0100

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 03:27:33PM -0500, Dave Rogers wrote:
> Jerome,
>
> When I try os.system(), it blocks on it.  One of my fundamental
> problems is that Acrobat refuses to start, print, and exit.  It
> wants to stay running, thus I have to detach to keep processing.
> New Acrobat instances seem to send their requests to the original
> running process.

Yes but they do this at the same time some times, which may confuse
Acroread (I suppose)

Isn't there a way to properly kill a process under windows, maybe
by sending a "close window" event ?

Did you try to use Ghostscript for Windows, maybe it includes some
facilities for batch printing (and should support PDF too)

hth

Jerome Alet