[reportlab-users] Re: Generating huge reports and memory consumption

Fri, 3 Jan 2003 19:40:49 +0000

In article <Uq+E9jAYMeF+EwJ+@jessikat.demon.co.uk>, Robin Becker
<robin@reportlab.com> writes
>In article <LYGjxtA7QcF+Ewo7@jessikat.demon.co.uk>, Robin Becker
><robin@reportlab.com> writes
>>In article <oqd6ne2rr4.fsf@titan.progiciels-bpi.ca>, François Pinard
>><pinard@iro.umontreal.ca> writes
>>
>>OK Francois, I tried this dummy test
>I tried the same tests with python 1.52 and get pretty much the same
>results. No apparent leaks, but continually increasing memory.
OK further datum. using my test script I see the following difference
with 2.2 changing the upper limit from 2700 to 3000 (I used -v option to
get the verbose output)

2700
# cleanup ints: 85 unfreed ints in 5 out of 2441 blocks
# cleanup floats: 26010 unfreed floats in 469 out of 476 blocks

3000
# cleanup ints: 85 unfreed ints in 5 out of 2722 blocks
# cleanup floats: 29010 unfreed floats in 523 out of 530

We seem to have around 10 floats per page going missing.