[reportlab-users] no one replied back :(

sarah el-lawindy reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:12:30 -0800 (PST)

--0-603634544-1071619950=:19224

Tim Roberts <timr@probo.com> wrote:
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:27:17 -0800 (PST), sarah el-lawindy
wrote:

>hi all of u,
> i am sarah, i hope that u all forget me and my tiny winy problem, i wished that anyone replied back whether with an answer to my problem or saying that it couldn't b soled, o i can use any other way to do my stuff.
> i hope that anyone replies soon.
>sam ellawindy ......

First, a little mailing list etiquette. It has been 10 days since your
last message (which was itself another "can't anyone help me" message),
and some 6 weeks since the original question. In that time we've dealt
with dozens of problems in many different areas. You should not expect
anyone to remember your "tiny winy problem" after that long without SOME
kind of a hint. You need to repeat the question, or at least the parts
that have not been settled, including the details. This is a very helpful
mailing list, but you shouldn't expect us to dig through our archives to
find your details.

In fact, when I saw this message, completely lacking in specifics, all in
lower case, with its cutesy abbreviations, I at first assumed it was a
spam leader for a porn web site somewhere. I get a lot of those: "U
haven't written in so long", "I met you last night", etc. If you expect
professional advice, please take a little care in writing your questions.
--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Sir,
 The mail you replied back with your mail was my third mail to send to this group to ask for a technical advice, with no reply, i waited for any reply on my first mail, but i got nothing, i resend it, no reply also, so i send this mail that you saw that is not appropriate.
  Sir, i read alot of stuff from the archive of reportlab users, i did not see that you r all using a formal way of sending mails and replies, if so i would have sent my mails in a formal mails, i can write formal mails well.
  Another thing, i don't think that a porn site will use the mail of this group to advertise its serives, i think they have  many other ways to do so.
  At the end, i found out something that i couldn't solve and seeked for help, but noone replied back, may b the problem was not interesting , but it was a problem that i faced, and mailed this group with on the hope that anyone give me help. and time could have been saved if i had a reply.
  Another thing, i send before the code i wrote, the font i am using. the warning message i recieve and the output of the pdf file. so i don't think that there was something missing, if anyone was intereseted, he would have asked for more details, i mean the question i wrote from six weeks.

I hope that the way i wrote my mail pleased u,
sarah ellawindy ... sorry Sarah El-Lawindy ..

p.s.
 i did not know that u give lectures on how to write a formal mail in the mailing list, it really helped me alot.

--0-603634544-1071619950=:19224

<DIV><BR><B><I>Tim Roberts &lt;timr@probo.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<P>On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:27:17 -0800 (PST), sarah el-lawindy<BR><SAMWIND80@YAHOO.COM>wrote:<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;hi all of u,<BR>&gt; i am sarah, i hope that u all forget me and my tiny winy problem, i wished that anyone replied back whether with an answer to my problem or saying that it couldn't b soled, o i can use any other way to do my stuff.<BR>&gt; i hope that anyone replies soon.<BR>&gt;sam ellawindy ......<BR><BR>First, a little mailing list etiquette. It has been 10 days since your<BR>last message (which was itself another "can't anyone help me" message),<BR>and some 6 weeks since the original question. In that time we've dealt<BR>with dozens of problems in many different areas. You should not expect<BR>anyone to remember your "tiny winy problem" after that long without SOME<BR>kind of a hint. You need to repeat the question, or at least the parts<BR>that have not been settled, including the details. This is a very helpful<BR>mailing list, but you shouldn't expect us to dig
 through our archives to<BR>find your details.<BR><BR>In fact, when I saw this message, completely lacking in specifics, all in<BR>lower case, with its cutesy abbreviations, I at first assumed it was a<BR>spam leader for a porn web site somewhere. I get a lot of those: "U<BR>haven't written in so long", "I met you last night", etc. If you expect<BR>professional advice, please take a little care in writing your questions.<BR>--<BR>- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com<BR>Providenza &amp; Boekelheide, Inc.</P></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Sir, <BR>&nbsp;The mail you replied back with your mail was my third mail to send to this group to ask for a technical advice, with no reply, i waited for any reply on my first mail, but i got nothing, i resend it, no reply also, so i send this mail that you saw that is not appropriate.<BR>&nbsp; Sir, i read alot of stuff from the archive of reportlab users, i did not see that you r all using a formal way of sending mails and replies, if so i would have sent my mails in a formal mails, i can write formal mails well.<BR>&nbsp; Another thing, i don't think that a porn site will use the mail of this group to advertise its serives, i think they have&nbsp; many other ways to do so.<BR>&nbsp; At the end, i found out something that i couldn't solve and seeked for help, but noone replied back, may b the problem was not interesting , but it was a problem that i faced, and mailed this group with on the hope that anyone give me help. and time could have been saved if i had a
 reply.<BR>&nbsp; Another thing, i send before the code i wrote, the font i am using. the warning message i recieve and the output of the pdf file. so i don't think that there was something missing, if anyone was intereseted, he would have asked for more details, i mean the question i wrote from six weeks.<BR>&nbsp; <BR>I hope that the way i wrote my mail pleased u, </DIV>
<DIV>sarah ellawindy ... sorry Sarah El-Lawindy .. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>p.s.<BR>&nbsp;i did not know that u give lectures on how to write a formal mail in the mailing list, it really helped me alot.</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-603634544-1071619950=:19224--