[reportlab-users] pagebreaks in tablecells

Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:14:57 +0100

In article <BB6A689B.53A5%t.jung@nice2cu.de>, Thomas <t.jung@nice2cu.de>
writes
>Hello everybody
>
>a short question from a newbie:
>Scenario:
>A tablecell containing a paragraph-object filled up with a long text.
>Is it possible to break this cell over two pages, if there comes a pagebreak
>across this text?
>Or is there another reportlab-object which can handle this and which I'd
>overlooked in the docu?
>
>Thanks a lot for help!
>
>Thomas Jung
..... at present tables will only split at a row boundary. I suppose it
would be possible to handle splitting of very long contents in cells to
make things more flexible.

How would we decide where to split though?  Row splits would normally be
preferred so when should we consider splitting the contents. How do we
treat parallel cells that don't require a split etc etc?