[reportlab-users] Table sizing algorithms - comments welcome

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 22:20:48 +0100

> .... unfortunately the problem also holds for paragraphs and tables as
> we allow tables to be inside tables.
>
> I don't quite get the extra container dependency; don't we pass the
> available width into the wrap method?

Yes, but someTable.wrap(width, height) calls someTable._calc()
and calc paid no attention to the container size at all.

I see nothing wrong with that at all, I just wondered if
we had some deep reason way back to make tables have
a known size irrespective of the container.  I can't see
why.  Most other stuff has a container dependency...

- Andy