[reportlab-users] platypus.para module

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 00:58:50 +0100

> On a somewhat [not really ;)] relevant note: I was making a patch
> to the old 'default' paragraph.py to support underlining (with the
> <u> </u> tags) and found that on my system the paragraph.py
> module was failing to import the accelerator with
>
>     from _rl_accel import _sameFrag
>
> line. It started working when I changed it to be
>
>     from reportlab.lib._rl_accel import _sameFrag
>
> (this is using 1.17).

Sounds like we have a bug in our distutils setup
script.  We mostly develop on Windows and as far as
we knew, our extensions went straitht into site-packages
when compiled, so import "_rl_accel" is how it should be.
What platform are you on, and how did you compile
_rl_accel?

> Ury
>
> BTW - the underlining patch is not tested well, but maybe you guys
> would be interested? "paragraph.py" being "old" and all, but many
> people I guess are still using it...

I would be very interested.  paragraph.py is still the default.
And I still need to modularize it properly so that, among other
things, we can fit in your right-to-left paragraphs and my
half-done Japanese ones :-)

Thanks,

Andy