[reportlab-users] Canvas to SVG converter would be cool.

Jeff Kowalczyk reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 08:53:38 -0400

Wow, since we've got all kinds of activity on alternative canvases these
days, would one that rendered a PDF page (if only a simple one) to SVG be
possible? It would be useful for dual-purpose print/screen functionality in
programs, such as an in-browser print preview before downloading, or a
slideshow presentation programs that could format for the screen/browser and
generate PDF with the same or similar code.

Just a thought, I presume any kind of wrapping text block in SVG will be
challenging.