[reportlab-users] Re : PyCanvas : a Canvas to Python converter

Jerome Alet reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:14:23 +0200

Sorry again to answer outside of the thread, my main mail server is
currently unreachable so I read the RL html archives...

Sorry for the tabs/blanks mix.

The current version doesn't deal correctly with path objects
(beginPath), but the concept should be easily ported to this object
type or text objects (but canvas text and graphic primitives are
currently OK, AFAICT).

The (one of the?) remaining problem will be when canvas.Canvas is
called passing a file-like object as the first argument, then all
my PyCanvas class can do is : nothing. (any idea is welcome)

I'll try to make it handle path objects successfully and
then I'll make it available for download with a small
sample, in order to not pollute this list anymore.

Bye,

Jerome Alet