[reportlab-users] _renderPM.so for Jaguar

Dinu Gherman reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:39:42 +0200

Robin Becker:

> Dinu would it be a good idea to put these into the mac-dlls area? last
> time we got a 2.1 sit file of all of them.

Sure, this was just a quick move to help Petr...

> There's no reason not to do that here (or at least compress the
> individual files). Also if we start up mac-dlls/2.2 or whatever then at
> least the intended python version is clear. I know that Linux python
> extensions can often coexist, but that may not be the 'right' thing to
> do.

I can see one reason not to do it (yet): I find the current set of
download HTML pages and FTP directories with all different versions
back to RLTK 1.11 pose a real challenge for anybody to understand,
i.e. I don't see how to add something without making things worse.

If this would be thouroughly reorganised I can imagine to build
real OS X packages (precompiled or self-compiling) in a regular
automated fashion, but not for multiple versions of Python.

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"The whole point of brainwashing, is that those being brainwashed