[reportlab-users] features ?

Dinu Gherman reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:06:35 +0200

Andy Robinson:

> Interestingly, the mail above this one in my in-tray
> could have used this technology...  some spammer
> trying to send naked ladies to our old Yahoo address.
> If anyone is looking for a business venture idea, there
> must be exciting commercial possibilities for
> personalized, encrypted PDF documents full of linked
> thumbnails :-)

Well, some shooters seem to use rather sloppy definitions of the
term "portrait"...

No need for dirty minds, though! I've seen similar stuff recently
being done for VW, where folks were searching available car images
for special purposes and were given a dynamically created PDF as
"search result", with form widgets to check for some other action
to happen further down the workflow chain... That sort of catalog
applications, etc.

Of course, your association is pretty straightforward as well, if
I really think about it... ;-)

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress." (Gandhi)