[reportlab-users] Re: features ?

Jeff Kowalczyk reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 09:07:11 -0400

I don't know that a C++ library that generates LaTex charts would ever be
directly usable by reportlab, but when I saw the python wrapper for epix,
wishful thinking kicked in, because epix plots are extremely slick looking.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/pyepix/?topic_id=97
http://mathcs.holycross.edu/~ahwang/current/ePiX.html

However, I think continued evolution of the SVG capabilities in reportlab
are the way to go, there will be lots of code appearing out there that
generates good-looking charts in SVG, and Adobe will always make sure SVG
plays well with PDF. Most charting packages will output SVG natively sooner
or later, if they don't already. If it's a simple matter to have reportlab
render SVG into PDF, then we're pretty well supported.