[reportlab-users] Re: Using report lab for generating

Derek Basch reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:57:41 -0700 (PDT)

>One other tip for database reports.  Don't make a
>1000-row
>table and ask Platypus to split it.  This involves a
>lot of
>extra computation as it works out the size of the
>whol thing,
>then does it again for the 950-line table on page 2,
>the 900-line
>table on page 3 and so on.  Instead, make each row
>or record group
>(if there is a suitable grouping level) a separate
>table, and
>put them in the story.  Then the splitting is
>trivial and it
>goes a lot faster.

Thanks for the suggestion Andy. I have gone back to
fix a few table documents to use your suggested
method. However, now that each row is its own table,
the rows don't line up. For example:

Can anyone tell me how to get (tables/rows) to line
up? I need some way of making sure that the fields
have the same width before rendering the document.
Thanks,
Derek Basch