[reportlab-users] Using accented chars with TTF?

Marius Gedminas reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:46:46 +0200

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 09:06:58AM +0100, Robin Becker wrote:
> In article <20020910072220.GA1090@codeworks.lt>, Marius Gedminas
> <marius@codeworks.lt> writes
> >(And this time I actually tested that my solution works ;)
> >
> >Regards,
> >Marius Gedminas
> On another note Marius, is there anything unusual about TTFont? we found
> that class instantiation in test_pdfbase_ttfonts.py was breaking the JVM
> in j2sdk_1.4.0_01 with jython-2.1. Seems to work with the  1.3 jvm
> though.

I'm not sure.  It uses a nested class (TTFont.State) for purely
aesthetic reasons (I programmed in C++/Java before I learned Python ;),
that's probably the most unusual thing about it.

Marius Gedminas
--
A real friend isn't someone you use once and then throw away.
A real friend is someone you can use over and over again.