[reportlab-users] Status update on Java support

Martin Koch reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 14:59:07 +0200

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 12:52:39PM +0100, Andy Robinson wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, who here would actually USE
> it from jython?  My suspicion on jython is that
> it's very cool, but the people using it are ones
> who really need to add a scripting capability to
> a Java app, or who aren't allowed to install
> non-Java software.  If no one is asking, we won't
> spend a few weeks on a Jython version of _rl_accel
> for starters :-)

Hi,

just a short note on this topic:

We are currently developing a Java GUI for some
Oracle project (using Oracle's JDeveloper 9i) and
have plans to integrate a reporting component based
on ReportLab/Jython. So we don't need Jython to add
scripting, but use Java in favour of Python only
because of the DB infrastructure provided by
Oracle's Business Components (BC4J).

Martin Koch