[reportlab-users] Frames, Flowables and Tables

Derek Basch reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 15:05:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Everyone,
Ive been trying to learn ReportLab and its going
pretty well so far. I am stuck on this two things
though. In the user guide it says that flowables
should be contained in Frames. However, the example
that is given puts the flowable directly onto the
canvas. Which is the proper way?

Also, I am trying to add a table to a frame but It
gives me an error of 'string has no wrapOn attribute'.
It says that tables are flowables and it looks like
they are derived from flowable in the source.

Here is the test script:
http://www.geocities.com/dbasch/testscript.txt

and here is the traceback:
http://www.geocities.com/dbasch/traceback.txt