[reportlab-users] Status update on Java support

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 12:52:39 +0100

> Maybe a small Jython 'Hello World' example would be useful.

I agree.  A code snippet showing Java code which
creates a canvas and saves it would be very cool;
it tells people "why" Jython matters.

Just out of curiosity, who here would actually USE
it from jython?  My suspicion on jython is that
it's very cool, but the people using it are ones
who really need to add a scripting capability to
a Java app, or who aren't allowed to install
non-Java software.  If no one is asking, we won't
spend a few weeks on a Jython version of _rl_accel
for starters :-)

- Andy