[reportlab-users] make tiff files

Dinu Gherman reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 08:31:43 +0200

Robin Becker:

>>    from reportlab.graphics import renderPM
>>    renderPM.drawToFile(drawing, 'horzBar.tif')
>
> It's likely you need to specify the format that's to be used using
> fmt='TIFF'. The default value is set as 'gif', but I think we guess
> from the name if you set it to None.

Yep, I remember complaining about this already... The implementation
is pretty much nonsense! What could be more counter-intuitive than
indicating a value of None to make the code guess the format, where
the filename already has all info needed to do so...?

Hmm, still doesn't seem like the SF bug tracker is used a lot:

Dinu