[reportlab-users] blurry (dithered) lines + font height, descent etc.

Michael Steuer reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 00:24:43 +1000

Hi Robin,

Robin Becker wrote:
> In article <00ff01c27a95$7cefeed0$0300a8c0@mike1>, Michael Steuer
> <python1@awakened-lands.com> writes
>> Is there a way to turn this dithering off?
> ...... not right now. I was working quite a lot recently with
> _renderPM.c and I considered having a no anti-aliasing flag.

Would it be much effort on your side to add that flag?

I think I'll have a look at _renderPM.c and see if I can adjust it for myself.

>> Furthermore, in my application I need to position text depending on its
>> size, so I need a way to get the following information depending on the font:
>>
>> font height, descent, ascent and string width
> I think that ascent and descent are available from the TypeFace
> instance, but for some standard things they're also stored in
> _fontdata.ascent_descent.

Yes, I found _fontdata.ascent_descent, but that is only for standard fonts and I
was hoping that there would be some way to obtain that information like it is
possible for "stringWidth". What about the font height, though?

Thanks for your help so far.

Cheers,

Mike.