[reportlab-users] blurry (dithered) lines + font height, descent etc.

Wed, 23 Oct 2002 15:12:39 +0100

In article <00ff01c27a95$7cefeed0$0300a8c0@mike1>, Michael Steuer
<python1@awakened-lands.com> writes
>Is there a way to turn this dithering off?
...... not right now. I was working quite a lot recently with
_renderPM.c and I considered having a no anti-aliasing flag.

>Furthermore, in my application I need to position text depending on its size, so
>I need a way to get the following information depending on the font:
>
>font height, descent, ascent and string width
I think that ascent and descent are available from the TypeFace
instance, but for some standard things they're also stored in
_fontdata.ascent_descent.