[reportlab-users] Right-to-Left languages

Wed, 16 Oct 2002 08:32:00 +0100

In article <20021016064647.GA26167@mail.librelogiciel.com>, Jerome Alet
<alet@librelogiciel.com> writes
>On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 01:21:59AM +0100, Andy Robinson wrote:
>>
>> We model the "document content" as a simple list at the moment.
>> Lists don't have attributes.  But there is still a moment in time
>> when you have constructed this and not yet passed it to a Doctemplate.
>
>Why not define a Story class which would mimic lists behavior but also
>allow additional attributes and "transparent" attribute retrieval even
>if the story is a normal list ?
>
>hth
>
>Jerome Alet
that was my proposal for other things like out of memory storage for
huge docs. That can be done transparently, I don't think we'd want to
alter the processing to allow for on element attributes though.